A part on Fair City, a 5 Star Fine Dining / Silver Star experience in your home or private burlesque lessons
You know what’s better than socks? Supporting Children Out Of Poverty. And the SCOOP Foundation has an auction of 150 ideal, surreal and alternative Christmas Gifts on Friday December 2 in the Powerscourt Centre at 7.30pm. There are amazing gifts.
… a new and innovative young bunch non-profit that seeks to Support Children Out Of Poverty by supporting their education, community and futures. They want to help under-privileged children and teenagers fulfill their potential and realise a better future by creating personal and realistic opportunities.
On Friday 2 December their auction at the Powerscourt Centre (€10 entry) has a few great lots – one or three of that I have my eye on…
- a walk on part on Fair City
- A VIP Late Late Show Green Room, Tour and Tickets for two
- a VIP Tour & Zoo Keeping Experience for two at Dublin Zoo with Gerry Creighton
- a fine dining/silver star experience in your own home – 5 courses – from Chef Marcel Soto with the Larder Restaurant
- A signed drum skin & album by The Coronas
- A night with champagne and chocolates for 2 at any hotel with…. The O’Callaghan Group
- One night with Breakfast in a Deluxe Room of the Shelbourne Hotel
- getting to ring the bells of Christchurch on New Year’s Eve.
- the ultimate skydiving package from SkyDiveIreland.ie
- a round of Golf for 4 at Carton House
- A day for 2 people at Kippure Estate Adventure Centre (Rock climbing/ Abseiling etc)
- Design your own hat alongside milliner Laura Cassidy who will create your one of a kind piece for any occasion.
- a night with breakfast in a Deluxe room in the Shelbourne Hotel
- the ultimate girls night in
- a signed Dublin jersey
- a signed Wayne Rooney jersey
- a box at a show in the Olympia Theatre
- a personal shopping experience with Sorcha Loughrey
- Private Burlesque Lessons with world renowned performer…. Bella A Go Go
They also, Andrew tells me have a lot of fun prizes including
entry into the Bog Snorkeling Championships, bagpipe lessons, Zorbing sessions, burlesque lessons and Colon Hydrotherapy/Reiki Sessions!
Besides raising funds to fully support two schools (one in India, the other in Cambodia) and over 650 young students, we are planning on building a school and community centre for street children and their families in Varanasi, India. We believe education is the key to helping families and children break the family trap.
And from the press release from their partners, Blink PR:
The new owner of each great lot will be given a beautifully designed ‘SCOOPon’, which they can give to the lucky recipient of their Better Than Socks gift, explaining how the present came about and where the proceeds of the money spent on their gift will be spent.
Entry to the event is a wallet friendly €10, which gets you a bidding paddle, a lot brochure, coat check, a glass of wine and a raffle ticket. The auction will be hosted by the dashing, Michael Hughes from TV3’s Animal A&E, who will introduce each exciting lot and start the bidding.
The SCOOP foundation is a growing, innovative non-profit organisation providing education, shelter and healthcare to children living in conditions of poverty both at home and abroad in countries such as India and Cambodia. In 2009, the SCOOP Music Scheme was set up in Dublin allowing teenagers to explore their talent with access to music equipment and facilities.