Siamsa Kilkenny – Think Play Learn Fun
Siamsa is a new a ten week programme of creative activities for a group of 5 to 11 year olds. It’s in Kilkenny and here are the details about it.
From Mary in the Kilkenny Arts Office:
Kilkenny County Council Arts Office is delighted to introduce Siamsa a ten week programme of creative activities for a group of 5 to 11 year olds. This fun programme will support the children in developing a variety of skills including drawing, painting and making in a diverse range of media.
During the first four weeks of activities artist Philip Cullen will introduce the children to an appreciation of art through drawing and painting.
Week two will see the children making percussion instruments, followed by two weeks of clay modelling and decorating.
Over the following six weeks, textile artist, Caroline Schofield, will introduce the children to working in 3D with cardboard, found objects and textiles. All activities will be child centred and the participants will be encouraged to give feedback on the workshops to support their development of having a voice in their creativity. Overall this will be a great opportunity for the children to work with professional artists
furthering their creativity, using their imagination and being resourceful in a fun and relaxed environment.
- Age group: 5 – 10 years
- Dates: October 9th – December 11th 2011
- Times: 11am – 1pm
- Venue: Kilkenny County Council Arts Office, no. 76 John Street
- Price: €50 for ten weeks / €40 for a second child from the same family i.e. two children from the same family €90
- Concessions: €30 for ten weeks / €20 for a second child from the same family, i.e. two children from the same family €50
- Please e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for booking
- Early booking advisable as places are limited to 16 for the ten weeks