Win tickets to the RTE Concert Orchestra’s Blockbuster Soundtrack Concert
The RTÉ Concert Orchestra, conductor Michael Seal, leader Mia Cooper, play the Olympic Fanfare and Theme, composed by John Williams for the 1984 Los Angeles Games. Recorded live at the National Concert Hall, Dublin, as part of the RTÉ CO’s concert Close Encounters: A John Williams Celebration, 10 May 2012.
Here are the concert details for Saturday night:
RTÉ Concert Orchestra conducted by David Brophy
Saturday 28 July, 8pm, National Concert Hall, Dublin
Following on from the phenomenal sell-outs of our recent Danny Elfman and John Williams concerts, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra brings you an evening of blockbuster scores.
Classic epic film music of our time, from Avatar, X-Men, Back to the Future, Independence Day, Star Trek, Titanic, Up and more – from James Horner to Jerry Goldsmith and beyond!
The thrilling sound of an orchestra in full flight playing the best blockbuster film music of the past 30 years – book early to avoid disappointment!
- James Horner – Avatar Suite
- Alan Silvestri – Back to the Future Suite
- John Powell – Ice Age: The Meltdown Suite
- David Arnold – Independence Day Suite
- Hans Zimmer – The Way of the Sword from The Last Samurai
- Jerry Goldsmith – The Mummy
- Jerry Goldsmith – Planet of the Apes Suite
- John Williams – Battle of the Heroes from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- James Horner – Titanic Suite
- Mark Snow – Main Title Theme from The X-Files
- John Powell - X-Men: The Last Stand Suite
- Michael Giacchino – Up Suite
- Michael Giacchino – End Titles from Star Trek
Tickets are priced between €11 and €38 (concessions are €10 to €35) and booking can be made by calling 01 417 0000 or online here.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, please just comment below.
Winners chosen on Friday morning. PLEASE ONLY ENTER IF YOU CAN TAKE THE TICKETS.
Follow the RTÉ Concert Orchestra on twitter – @rte_co and on Facebook here. Their YouTube channel is here. They’ve got some great stuff up there at the moment. Thanks to Angela for offering the competition prizes.